Friday, December 9, 2011

Korean Food

I just finished to eat my lunch and I thought why not give people a comparison between Korean food and Latin America's food and some food that I know.

First, I should say that I love Korean Food " NOW". Yes,NOW!
I want to make you think about how it was at the beginning, what do you think ? did I enjoy the Korean food from the beginning ?.

Well let me tell you guys that during the first two months I had some problems with the Korean Food. Why?

The Korean Food is spicy.
The Koreans do not use salt.
The rice is different (like smashed rice)
The ingredients
The way they cook and prepare is simply different from the Latin America's way.
No difference between Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

So that is why I spend like two months just eating Ramen, fast food like pizza, pasta and hamburger; sure I gain a lot of weight. So after that two months I talked with my self and I decided to star eating the Korean food bit by bit.

After 1 month suddenly I started to loved more and more the Korean food but there was a problem I didn't like KIMCHI at all (Kimchi is a pickle Korean Cabbage)some people might think that is just cabbage but let me tell that  the taste is really different and  also is spicy but one day was you me and the kimchi in front of me and yes I started to it too. Until now I still eating every meal some kimchi with the rice.

A Korean Meal.
They will serve you One small sup, a lot of side dishes, the main plate and for finish  with WATER served BY YOUR SELF.

So here are some of the most loved foods in Korea.


 Gimbab.

Gimbab is considered one of the most popular and nutritious Korean meal. You can find it almost everywhere even at the convenience stores.

it consist of rice and strips of vegetables, egg and meat, rolled in laved(dried seaweed) and sliced.You can see this as snack for lunch or if you are in a hurry as your meal







Kimchi Chigae. 

As you can see for make it you need to use the lovely KIMCHI. This is a very popular soup. It is often prepared using older, more fermented and ripe kimchi.
 For sure this make you sweat because is really spicy and if you eat really hot you can get a better taste.
 Different variations can exist but sliced kimchi is usually put into a pot with tofu, onions, garlic and beef, pork or seafood, which are all boiled together with water or anchovy stock.





Samgyupsal.

For Koreans Soju(Korean alcoholic beverage) + Samgyupsal means a lot that; is one of the best combinations for Koreans. The other combination could be Chicken(fried) and Beer. 

However, Sometimes it is cooked on a grill with kimchi (again)mushrooms, garlic, onions and consumed altogether. This dish is usually served with a side of lettuce, spinach, or other leafy vegetable(s), which is used to wrap a slice of cooked samgyupsal.





Sure now maybe you are wondering all of that look really delicious. Yes, they are but also there is some food that are not.

In coming post I will let you know about the food that are not popular and about the drinking culture.
















No comments:

Post a Comment